The Black and Missing Foundation (BAMFI) is seeking an experienced, engaged, and enthusiastic grant writer to join our team. This position will oversee grant writing, fundraising, and all activities that identify, secure, nurture, and engage government, foundations, corporate and individual donors of BAMFI.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Direct fundraising experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
Grant Writer Responsibilities:
- Research and review grant opportunities awarded by federal/local government and those awarded by non-federal entities.
- Prepare proposals by determining concept, gathering, and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meet proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
- Prepare necessary reports to meet the grant requirements and compliance.
This is a paid position.
Click here to upload resume and cover letter. Google login is required.
About Black and Missing Foundation Inc.:
Black and Missing Foundation, Inc (BAMFI) is established as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, by a veteran law enforcement official and public relations specialist, whose mission is to bring awareness to missing persons of color; provide vital resources and tools to missing person’s families and friends; and to provide educational training on personal safety. BAMFI offers a free clearinghouse, which highlights profiles and information on missing persons of color, nationally. Profiles of missing individuals, throughout the nation, as well as news, information, and tips, can be found at BAMFI’s Web site: www.bamfi.org, IG: @blackandmissingfdn, Twitter: @BAM_FI or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bamfiorg.
Photo credit: Andrew Neel on Unsplash