The Mya Christine Fuller Memorial Scholarship is a gift of love and honors her legacy by helping young adults conquer academic and athletic achievement.
Open: May 6, 2023 (11:11am CST)
Close: August 11, 2023 (11:11am CST)
** You will need a Google login to view/apply.
In 2023, the Fuller Family established the Mya Christine Fuller Memorial Scholarship. Mya Fuller, a college student majoring in engineering and mathematics was reported missing on August 1, 2022, and found deceased as a result of homicide, on August 6, 2022. Mya, a Magna cum laude high school graduate and fierce point guard basketball player, earned several academic honors and athletic awards for her commitment to excellence.
About the Scholarship
Honoring the legacy and caring character of Mya Christine Fuller, this scholarship rewards college-bound and undergraduate students who demonstrate teamwork, academic integrity, athletic leadership, and a love for self, as well as others, to attain their desired higher education and athletic goals.
Eligibility / Criteria
The scholarship is available to graduating high school senior and undergraduate students majoring in mathematics and/or engineering. The scholarship can be used for education – related expenses including: tuition fees, books, supplies, room and board, and athletic fees.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a US Citizen
- Be a graduating high school senior or enrolled as a full-time college student (2 years or 4 years college or university)
- Currently enrolled in or plan to attend an HBCU (Historically Black College or University)
- Be able to demonstrate strong academic performance (minimum 3.0 GPA)
- Plan to major or majoring in mathematics or engineering
- Demonstrate at school and within the community the attributes of academic integrity, athletic leadership, team collaboration, and selflessness.
Applicants must submit all of the following items by 11:11am (CST) on August 11, 2023:
- 2023 Mya Christine Fuller Scholarship Application – You will need a Google account to view/access.
- 1 1/2 minute (90 second) Visual Essay, “Why is it important to be a person with integrity? How do you plan to use integrity to make a difference in the world after you’ve gotten your degree?”
- Proof of college/university acceptance (high school seniors and college students – must provide proof of major).
- Copy of most recent transcript (undergraduates – must include enrollment status and proof or major) – must include GPA.
The Fuller family will announce the recipient(s) on October 6, 2023. The funds will be disbursed DIRECTLY to the college/university on file.